HOME ABOUT FAQ SHOP CONTACT HOME

It's Ok To Not Have A Plan


When I turned thirty last week, I suddenly thought back to where I thought I would be at thirty. That was married with a kick ass job, kids, and a husband. Well I am not exactly there! But do you know what? I used to feel like I was on this never ending path, running, running, and running some more (and those who know me, know I do not run) to find my dream job (I do have my dream job but only because I created it!) to find the perfect man, the perfect life. 


There are so many times that I have felt as if I am on my last leg. I felt exhausted by the process. But you know what? Turning thirty was like a light came on. I don't know who I am going to spend the rest of my life with, and you might not know what you want to do with your life in terms of career or in fact anything! And you know what? Thats fine! You don't need to know what you are going to do with your life, in any aspect – and maybe you take the wrong path – whether you are twenty two or sixty two you will get there eventually, there is no definate path or a time frame on it. I also feel that putting a time frame on things is crazy, if I had decided to get married at 26 - then I would have married the wrong person etc! It's got to feel right, not just be the right time. 

I spent so much time trying to fast track my life from my business to my love life that I completely missed life itself! I was planning, and planning and planning some more – but was I living? no.
WE DON’T HAVE TO HAVE A PLAN.
We can just take life one day at a time. Take it one month at a time if you’d like. Give yourself a break and take time to smell the freaking roses…or whatever you're into. It’s good to have goals and it’s great to have dreams.
But stop putting so much pressure on yourself to have a plan for where you want to end up. You will get there, I promise.










1 comment:

  1. You're so right! It is so easy to become negative when you think your life isn't going at it should..but who needs a plan anyway? I always imagined I'll have a pack of kids by the time I'm thirty, but I don't and because of health problems...we just got to life one day at the time sometimes.

    odaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by! We love reading what you think, and read every comment. Make sure you leave your link so we can check your blog out if you have one! Or come chat on twitter @oxwonderland